Peewee is a simple and small ORM. It has few (but expressive) concepts, making it easy to learn and intuitive to use.
- A small, expressive ORM
- Written in python with support for versions 2.6+ and 3.2+.
- Built-in support for SQLite, MySQL and Postgresql.
- numerous extensions available (postgres hstore/json/arrays, sqlite full-text-search, schema migrations, and much more).
Peewee’s source code hosted on GitHub.
New to peewee? Here is a list of documents you might find most helpful when getting started:
- Quickstart guide – this guide covers all the bare essentials. It will take you between 5 and 10 minutes to go through it.
- Guide to the various query operators describes how to construct queries and combine expressions.
- Field types table lists the various field types peewee supports and the parameters they accept. There is also an extension module that contains special/custom field types.
- Installing and Testing
- Example app
- Query Examples
- Initializing a Database
- Using Postgresql
- Using SQLite
- Using MySQL
- Connecting using a Database URL
- Run-time database configuration
- Dynamically defining a database
- Connection Management
- Connection Pooling
- Framework Integration
- Executing Queries
- Managing Transactions
- Database Errors
- Logging queries
- Adding a new Database Driver
- Changes in 3.0
- API Documentation